Lutz Büchner, Saxofon und Klarinette
Biografisches in Kürze
Instrumente: Saxofone, Klarinetten, Flöten
Studium bei Herb Geller an der Hochschule für Musik und Theater in Hamburg. Büchner spielte in den Bands der dänischen Drummer-Legende Alex Riel und in der Latin Jazz Band von Joe Gallardo. Mit seinem eigenen Quartett nahm er die viel beachtete CD "Ring" mit Danny Gottlieb am Schlagzeug auf und trat bei internationalen Festivals auf.
Seit 1994 ist Lutz Büchner festes Mitglied der NDR Bigband.
On ASCAP Network, recorded in Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR) North German Broadcasting
NDR studios: Studios in Hamburg are split into two locations: Television studios are located in the suburb of Lokstedt as the radio studios are located in the suburb of Rotherbaum, close to the city centre. In addition to these, there are further regional studios, also comprising both television and radio studios.
Studio 1: Jimi Hendrix - 1967-03-18: Studio 1, NDR Funkhaus, Hamburg, Germany
THE NDR SESSIONS PROJEKTHAMMOND, JON
This new release from Jon Hammond marks his move into mainstream jazz. Utilizing the famous NDR Orchestra and Studios in Hamburg, Germany, Jon has crafted an excellent organ jazz record utilizing drums, sax and trombone. Outstanding support from saxophone soloist Lutz Buchner adds a lyrical modern jazz sound to the recordings. Excellent drumming by Heinz Lichius and the soulful sound of Joe Gallardo on trombone round out the disc. Great classic tunes are covered, along with some originals, including "My One and Only Love," "Skylark," "Besame Mucho," "Blues In The Night" and "No X-Cess Baggage Blues."
L to R: Joe (Jo) Gallardo trombone, Heinz Lichius drums, Jon Hammond organ producer, Lutz Buechner saxophone, Rudy Grosser engineer
Studio 1 Control Room NDR Hamburg
"This was, without exaggeration, one of the best acoustics-related technical decisions for the NDR I have been involved in during the past few years," comments NDR sound engineer Michael Plötz. "The digital audio world now enjoys incomparably good sound thanks to the use of the AX 24 in the production chain of this studio. The combination of a DAD AX24 and the SSL Duality console places us in a new 'analog/digital world'"
1. My One and Only Love 6:19 - Wood/Mellin 1953
2. Satin Doll 6:15 - Ellington/Strayhorn/Mercer 1953
3. Theme from Black Orpheus 7:36 - Luis Bonfa 1959
4. Blues in the Night 5:54 - Harold Arlen/JohnnyMercer 1941
5. Skylark 3:10 - Hoagy Carmichael/J. Mercer 1941
6. Polka Dots and Moonbeams 4:29 - Van Heusen/Burke 1940
7. Besame Mucho 6:02 - Velazquez/Skylar 1941
8. Easy Living 6:33 - Robin/Granger 1937
9. No X-Cess Baggage Blues 5:14 - JON HAMMOND Intl./ASCAP 1987
10. Our Day Will Come 5:19 - Hillard/Garson 1963
11. The More I See You 5:00 - Warren/Gordon 1945
12. Payphone Johnny 7:02 - JON HAMMOND Intl./ASCAP 1991 Featured Musicians:
JON HAMMOND: XK-3 Hammond Organ/Bass, Excelsior AC/R Accordion
LUTZ BUECHNER: Saxophones
HEINZ LICHIUS: Drums
JOE GALLARDO: Trombone
*WATCH THE VIDEO HERE: Thing in C minor in Birdland Hamburg Jon Hammond Band